Thursday, February 3, 2011

Addiction

There are many, many forms. Some are good for you. Being addicted to running for example.

Some are awful for your health, drugs come to mind!











And some are awful the people around you. Like gaming addictions....
I have been addicted to things in my day. Like smoking, big one there, and coffee. So I am no stranger to the pull that addictions can have one you...

Come here, I will make life all better!!



That all being said, I thinking gaming addiction is the dumbest. Perhaps that is because I have a loved one who has one. "Yes my name is M I am the spouse of a gamer.? "Hi M!"

So in true therapy fashion how does this make me feel. Well, I feel angry, a lot. I have come to despise his computer in ways I have never despised an inanimate object before. (were are not going to talk about a missing Cowboy Junkies CD that was accidentally maliciously destroyed).

I get angry at him for not wanting to spend his free time with his family. Now I understand that you, want some you time after work. I get that. Gosh I would like it to. Now GROW UP!! For Gosh sakes we have a four year old!! And every single day he is just getting older! Why isn't that the most amazing thing you have ever seen in your whole life? That is what kills me. If it was just me, whatever. But having this amazing wonderful person to play with and enjoy and not WANTING to? Just PISSES ME OFF!!! I can't even handle it.

And yes, we have talked. There have been many, many talks! Nothing. I promise I will cut down, I promise this I promise that. Instead I am left to have these wild fantasies about what I would like to do with his computer. Like this one for example.





Pretty good huh? Totally made that myself!! But honestly this is a mild one. Others have included acid, fire, burying ashes, oh car tires. Many many more wonderful ways of destruction, and I am open to more ideas.

I just don't understand the addiction I guess. In ways I am sure some people will never understand why I spent so many years smoking. But to me, this is just stupid. I mean down right, loser stupid. Its like Dungeons and Dragons for losers. You have to play and get good or whatever and then interview to join the best guilds!! Lame! Is this a job? Are they paying you? Oh and apparently if you aren't on raids enough, your percent goes down and they can kick your butt out!? What is this survivor? Honestly!! This is the stupidest waste of time. Read your kid a story, play some go fish. Some day he is going to be a man and you are going to say...what the heck happened?

Here are some fun links for you:

Everquest - not just for kids for anymore
Gaming Addiction - where to get help 
Addictions - again, where to get help 
Being the loved on of an addict 

1 comment:

  1. If this were facebook I would click 'like'.

    Psychologically I can try and understand the concept of gaming addictions.. when you're 12. To be a full functioning adult it's hard to have an addiction to something so fruitless.... I mean, playing video games is fine no matter what age you are (hello Sims3 addict here) but I also don't have any family/friends/responsiblities (except school). There is a huge gap in parental duty versus responsiblity to oneself. It irritates me just as much because of all the cases I've viewed in my psych studies and internships about abuse and neglect toeing a similar line. I'm not saying that to sound judgy; it's just a fact.

    There are ways to play responsibly (like the lottery xD)

    I just feel horrid that he never responds to you :( I think he's a douche (but you know that). I think you me and child should move to LA and live an epic life surrounded by Lady Gaga Vampires. mwahaha

    In addition, I enjoyed your post because it was very satirical (spelling?) and it made me giggle. I liked your drawing. I feel like drawings always have good emphasis.

    Love you,
    <3

    ReplyDelete