Wednesday, April 20, 2011

This is getting f*cking stupid.

McDonald's Happy Meal Law suit.

Am I the only parent who can say no to her child? Or can limit the things my child watches on TV? Seriously? Cody has NEVER seen an ad for McDonald's.(if we had then we would have rushed out to get the Shrek watches!! I want one!) I haven't seen one in so long, that I didn't know they had ads anymore. Honestly. When we drive by McDonald's he will ask for a milk shake (loves them), but when I say no for whatever reason he is fine with that. Knowing that its a TREAT! Not something we are indulging in every damn night.

I understand that childhood obesity is a huge issue. I also think its a parental issue. Not McDonald's, not Burger King, or Pizza Hut, sure isn't Lays or Pepsi Cola or whoever else you want to blame. Its parents. Pure. Simple. Facts. If you kid is fat its your fault. Did McD's force you to pull in and order a large fry and a ten piece nugget for your kid? No sure didn't. I don't ever remember a McD employee holding a gun to my head. You as the parent buy the food that comes into your house. You as the parent chose where to get take out. You as the parent control how much time you child spends on the computer/playing video games/watching TV. This is NOT a governtment issue, its not a corporation issue, its a FAMILY issue. I am so sick and tired of companies being blamed for things that are strickly parents faults.

Own up your own actions. Realize that your lifestyle will effect your child's. GET THE CHILD OUTSIDE!!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. It's so ridiculous! I mean, there's a point in a kids life where they're going to stop listening to you; but hopefully that's long after they've been instilled with the skills to make good choices on their own. I mean, kids are naturally active. They want to go outside and play sports or whatever it is you do outside xD Parents need to stop being lazy! THE TV IS NOT A BABYSITTER! PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR FRICKEN KID AND STOP LETTING ELECTRONICS DO THE PARENTING FOR YOU! Also, I agree about the food; because if you don't want your kid to be fat STOP GIVING THEM SODA AT AGE 5! So many times I have seen kids drink soda at the theatre and I'm appalled because they're little, like we have water and juice too; soda is just empty calories and kids don't understand that so they can't make good choices about it. Parents need to do that. That's why parents RAISE their children and don't abandon them in the sand like turtles. And if you think suing McD's will make you or your kid skinny then you're a fricken tard and need to take a parenting class. Ugh. So annoying -_-

    ReplyDelete